Lahore: The World Health Organization (WHO) has expressed concern over the easing of lockdowns in Pakistan, saying that the sanctions had been lifted on May 1 and 22 when the nation determined to take motion. Did not meet the fundamental necessities.
In a letter to Punjab Health Minister Yasmeen Rashid, the top of the World Health Organization (WHO) in Pakistan, Palitha Mahipala, mentioned that though a lot of the present instances of corona virus are in main cities, the epidemic has unfold to each district.
The letter states that the federal government has taken selections equivalent to social distance measures and journey bans, together with the closure of faculties, since April 12 to curb the unfold of the epidemic. However, a discount in lockdown restrictions on May 1 and later May 22 accelerated the unfold of the corona virus.
The WHO ought to undertake a two-week lockdown and two-week easing coverage within the affected areas to stop the unfold of the epidemic in Pakistan. The letter additionally urged that 50,000 exams be carried out each day and that steps be taken to strengthen the general public well being system.
Punjab Health Minister Yasmeen Rashid, commenting on the WHO letter, mentioned that from day one it was the place that the federal government was offering full details about the corona virus. The letter referred to as for guaranteeing implementation of SOPs and directed the Chief Minister to take stern motion towards violations of the laws.
When can lockdown be eased?
According to the World Health Organization, any nation wishing to carry lockdown restrictions should meet the next situations:
- Control the unfold of the illness
- The well being system ought to be capable to diagnose, take a look at, quarantine and deal with every case and monitor those that are available contact with the victims.
- Hotspots decreased in most affected areas
- Precautions being taken at faculties, workshops and different essential locations
- Ability to take care of the arrival of recent instances
- Providing consciousness and assist to the general public to dwell in post-epidemic situations
According to the WHO, Pakistan doesn’t meet these situations and the speed of unfold of the virus within the nation has turn out to be alarming.